GOLF AND LIFE SKILLS CERTIFICATION CLASSES
The First Tee of Augusta’s golf and life skills classes are typically 8 weeks long and meet once or twice a week for 1.5 hours. Classes incorporate life skills and golf instruction using The First Tee curriculum. Class attendance is essential to successfully completing the class. Participants are allowed two absences. More absences will result in the participant having to retake the class. Participants are encouraged to practice regularly to master the life skills and golf instruction presented in class. Certifying at each skill level is an exciting achievement. Participants must meet/achieve/complete the following requirement at each skill level to become certified:
- Meet the minimum age requirement for the skill level
- Meet the class attendance requirements
- Achieve a score of 80% or higher on the written life skills and golf knowledge evaluations
- Complete the golf skills requirement for the certification level
- Complete the necessary playing requirements for the certification level
Membership at The First Tee of Augusta is open to participants 7-18 years old. Students are required to complete at least on 8-week class each year to be an active member. Once enrolled, participant begins working toward completion of The First Tee’s progressive golf and life skills certification levels: PLAYer, Par, Birdie, Eagle and Ace. The length of time that it takes for students to advance from one level to the next will vary from student to student. It is not a race to completion, but a journey that assures each student masters the necessary skills to have a fun and rewarding First Tee Experience and can apply the First Tee Nine Core Values, Healthy Habits, and Life Skills on the golf course and in their every day lives.
Participants are required to complete at least one 8-week certifying class each year to be considered an active member. Once enrolled, students begin working toward completion of a series of progressive golf and life skills certification levels: PLAYer, Par, Birdie Eagle and Ace. The length of time needed to advance from one level to the next will vary according to the participant’s mastery of the requirements. Progression is not a race, but a journey that assures each student masters the necessary skills to have a fun and rewarding experience on and away from the golf course.
Membership benefits include:
- 50¢ Range Ball Buckets
- $1.00 Rounds of Golf
- Quality instruction
- Fun, Competitive Opportunities
- Discounted green fees at participating local courses
- National First Tee Participant Opportunities
The First Tee of Augusta strives to maintain affordable fees for participants and their families.
Annual Fee $55.00/participant (Includes a chapter shirt)
Activates membership for the calendar year and provides membership benefits at The First Tee of Augusta for the calendar year.
Class Fee (8 weeks) $60.00/participant
Required for each 8-week season of participation in golf and life skills class.
The First Tee of Augusta Dress Code is:
- Collared shirt (females are not required to wear a collared shirt.)
- Appropriate length shorts or slacks
- Shirt tails must remain tucked in at all times
- Spikeless golf shoes or tennis shoes are required
- Caps and visors must be worn properly at all times.
- All males will be asked to remove their caps/hats/visors upon entering the building
The following attire IS NOT PERMITTED on the golf course or while using the practice facility:
- Tank tops
- Cut-off articles of clothing
- Spandex or gym shorts
- Flip flops/sandals
Code of Conduct
- Respect for Self
- Respect for Others
- Respect for Surroundings